Thursday 22 September 2011

Finding my own calm


After two weeks of doing nothing on a beach I returned to work as chilled out as I could possibly be. I had left the blackberry at home and forgotten my mobile phone in the car at Gatwick, so all in all I was pretty much uncontactable, apart from via iPad of course. For books, you understand!

This semi-comatose state was great, until I to got back to work. It has taken me two weeks to properly engage brain. On returning to the midst of a flurry of last-minute budget changes and general head-scratching, I felt somewhat distant from it all, and even felt a tad 'left out' of all of the chaos, which I obviously thrive on as well as loathe.

And then there's the economy, which has generally gone from bad to worse to diabolical. It would be easy to feel a sense of uneasiness, anxiety, panic even. Thanks to the genuine r and r I enjoyed whilst away I still have a strong sense of inner calm. Hopefully they effects will longer than the golden tan!

No comments:

Post a Comment