Monday 10 May 2010

Miller at Muller


It was the promise of the free yogurts what did it. If that hadn't been on the race entry form I probably would not be aching now from the agony of completing the Muller 10k yesterday with next to no training. But, yes, the free case of yogurts for every finisher was well worth it!

There's something in me that hates to admit defeat. When is it time to throw in the towel? if ever? At mile 2? when the quads were burning after the second major hill, or after the last water station when it felt unbearably hot and I thought I might keel over?

Well in my book, I never throw in the towel. I remember thinking yesterday that if Eddie Izzard could do his marathon feat with blisters and sore muscles - heck I've run a marathon myself -then I could surely run non-stop for just under an hour.

And so it reinforces my long-held belief that I can do pretty much anything I want to, and complete it. There are real life examples, all around us, that drive counts for way more than ability and experience. I need more drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment